So tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. I get to have another Remicade Infusion. I usually love these days and the 1st few weeks to follow. Seems I've gotten ahead of myself...
When I was first diagnosed, my GI had me on Entocort as the primary drug along with a few others since my Crohn's was focused on my ileum and sigmoid rectum area. After 5 months of nothing, another doctor decided to add Pentasa and some others. At one point, as I was taking 22 pills per day, I just knew that this wasn't going to work.
About 8 months after I was diagnosed, I began my Remicade 'loading' phase. I can remember it clear as day. The day after my first infusion, I woke up to significantly reduced pain/cramping and the hope that I had found my miracle drug. I know a lot of people who have horror stories regarding Remicade but it has truly been a blessing to me.
That was until I began 'leaking'... which led to a lump... leading to a full blown abscess. I'm talking can't walk, crying because the colorectal surgeon is busy, screaming bloody murder during the draining kind of full blown. "Hmm he's not supposed to feel this that much" says the a**ho*e of a surgeon to his nurse as I'm bent over, pants around my ankles wishing he had knocked me out for this. I could only imagine what the patients in the waiting room were thinking as they heard a young man screaming profanities at the top of his lungs. I've never wanted to hit someone as much as I did that doctor. Let's pray that doesn't happen again. Only advice I can give there is get on a high dose of antibiotics quick and if there shows no signs of improvements, then get it drained before it gets too large.
So here I am. Literally sitting in the tub (2 a day baths in hopes of healing the wound) writing before I go to bed.
I realized about a week back that I took for granted the time when I was healthy. It also made me think... People say that happiness is the most important thing in life. I beg to differ, IMHO health takes the cake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment